A year on, few answers from probe into Prince's death

Cash Keeps Flowing to Unsettled Prince Estate

He was found unresponsive in an elevator at Paisley Park, his home and recording studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota.

The medical examiner's office said Prince died of an accidental overdose of the opioid fentanyl. Deputies attempted CPR but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.

Several search warrants were unsealed Monday near the one-year anniversary of Prince's death of a fentanyl overdose.

On Monday, search warrants executed by local authorities are due to be unsealed, likely including one from the first search of Paisley Park.

Newly unsealed documents offer even more insight into Prince's accidental overdose almost a year ago.

PRINCE DIDN'T HAVE ANY PRESCRIPTIONS: According to the court documents, Prince didn't have a prescription for any of the drugs found at Paisley Park. Detective Christina Wagner said in the search warrant, "I learned that Judith and Prince were involved in a romantic relationship since the fall of 2014".

April 20, 2016: Schulenberg treats Prince again.

Authorities said Prince's laptop was not taken during an initial warrant but it became clear later in the investigation that items on it would be significant when they discovered he did not communicate by cellphone, but instead used email and the hard phone line at Paisley Park extensively.

A longtime friend of Prince, Kirk Johnson was a drummer and the estate manager at Paisley Park.

CVS Pharmacy bottle in the name of Kirk Johnson containing ondasentron HCl, an anti-nausea medication typically prescribed to chemotherapy patients. The bottle contained 10 white pills with the inscription A-349 and one orange pill with the inscription No. 8.

The search warrants reveal that the suitcase contained prescription bottles with pills other than the ones listed on the labels.

Investigators also recovered a "Recovery Without Walls" pamphlet recovered the Purple Rain room. Those medications had been brought from California by Andrew Kornfeld, whose father Howard operates an addiction recovery clinic.

Prince was 57 at the time of his death.

The documents suggest Prince was struggling with prescription opioid addiction. He said a year isn't an unreasonable length of time for the investigation.

Meanwhile, it has previously been reported the songwriter - whose full name was Prince Rogers Nelson - had predicted his own death and he had been preparing for his final end. Investigators found no prescriptions for fentanyl in Prince's name. The medications were prescribed by Dr. Schulenberg.

A medical expert who predominantly treated Prince, named Doctor Michael Schulenberg, has reportedly admitted to prescribing the singer Oxycodone shortly before he reportedly overdosed on his private jet, which came nearly one week prior to his death.

And the former attorney for two of Prince's dead siblings says they had revealed Prince had an addiction to Percocet decades ago.

Just six days earlier, Prince fell ill on a plane and made an emergency stop in IL as he was returning home from a concert in Atlanta. According to one of the witnesses interviewed, Prince admitted to taking one to two "pain pills".

Many pills were inside a suitcase with the name tag "Peter Bravestrong" - an alias used by the singer.

PRINCE READ REVIEWS OF HIS CONCERTS: Prince had an Apple MacBook computer that he would use to send emails and that he would frequently go online after shows to read reviews about his performance.

Relacionada:

Comentarios


Otras noticias