Human remains discovered in search for 4 men

A Pennsylvania Community Is Searching For Answers After Four Young Men Disappear In Less Than A Week

20-year-old Cosmo Dinardo is accused of stealing and then trying to sell Meo's vehicle, with the missing man's diabetes medicine still inside.

Police discovered the remains in a 12.5 deep grave on a 90-acre property in Solebury Township, an area north of Philadelphia, that they have been searching, CNN reports.

The suspect in the case, Cosmo DiNardo, 20, has confessed to the murders in exchange for a guarantee that prosecutors won't ask for the death penalty.

The details were provided after one of Cosmo DiNardo's lawyers said Thursday that DiNardo had confessed to murdering the missing men, including a Maryland college student.

Both Cosmo's cell phone and the phones belonging to both of his parents have been seized by investigators as they try to piece together a timeline of Cosmo's whereabouts since last Wednesday, when the first of the young men, Jimi Patrick, went missing. The four young men missing are Mark Sturgis, 22, Thomas Meo, 21, Dean Finocchiaro, 19 and Jimi Taro Patrick, 19; who disappeared between July 5-7th.

"We want to be careful not to miss the tiniest piece of evidence", Weintraub said at an earlier briefing.

Authorities are still working to identify all of the remains but said 19-year-old Dean Finocchiaro, one of four missing men, was among the bodies. All four victims have been identified. An affidavit in that case cited DiNardo 'suffering from mental illness.' describing the 20 year old as a schizophrenic. The other three bodies were found in 12 1/2-foot-deep common grave below an oil tank that had been converted into a cooker.

Citing state law, Weintraub declined to speak about whether or not a grand jury has convened, but he did say that authorities are using "every" type of investigative tool to find the missing men.

Mr DiNardo drew suspicion after trying to sell Mr Meo's 1996 Nissan Maxima for $500 (£390), a day after its owner was last seen. "I can't say the whole entire property is a crime scene", Weintraub said. He was charged with possession of a shotgun and was released on $1 million bail Tuesday night before being arrested again on the second charge.

DiNardo is now only being held on firearms charges but he is considered a suspect of interest in the disappearances of the four men.

"We have not recovered any human remains that I can report", Weintraub told reporters at a briefing this morning near the search site.

Relacionada:

Comentarios


Otras noticias