ISIS claims responsibility for death of 8 soldiers in Yobe

Nigeria: Soldiers feared killed in Boko Haram raid

It was the third Boko Haram attack on the military in the remote region in the last two weeks, after a relative lull during the rainy season, which ended last month.

One source, a top military officer, was anxious that the captured ammunition are those the insurgents will use in carrying out further attacks on troops. "They brutally attacked the soldiers and escaped neatly into their hideouts".

Seven more bodies have been found after a Boko Haram raid on a military camp in northeast Nigeria, a security source told AFP on Friday.

The soldiers were said to be on their way to Maiduguri from their base in Bulabulin.

Boko Haram militants who attacked Sassawa village, Damaturu local government area, and killed eight military men Tuesday night had a serious fight over food possession.

Also, spokesman of 3 division military base in Damaturu, Kayode Ogunsanya, said there was casualty on both sides, but he could not ascertain the number. "More (soldiers) are still missing and their fate is unknown".

According to the SITE Intelligence Group, the raid was claimed by the Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP). IS designated al-Barnawi leader of the group previous year instead of long-time figurehead Abubakar Shekau.

Relacionada:

Comentarios


Otras noticias